With the current COVID-19 Pandemic, I wanted to have a conversation about the baseline economic factors that are at play. I am lucky to have a friend who is both an economist and real estate professional, so I invited her on the show.
Meghan O’Brien is a top-producing real estate salesperson with RE/Max Concepts in Des Moines, Iowa and Professor of Economics with Des Moines Area Community College.
During our conversation, Meghan and I discussed:
- The underlying economic factors that drive real estate, no matter the market
- Good sources of data to help you make your own decisions about COVID-19’s effect on your local real estate market
- The data points that are perhaps given too much weight in the overall economic conversation
- What Meghan is doing differently in her business during the pandemic
- Along with several other timely and impactful thoughts for real estate professionals
Remember to take care of yourself so you can take care of others. Stay informed, not inflamed, and put the energy out into the world that you would like to receive back.